Next event:
7-12 July 2015
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

girl from Holland would like to join barrio :)
(1 Leser) (1) Gast
For everything about camping and barrios - ideas for camps, calls for assistance and like minds, connecting with other camps...
  • Seite:

THEMA: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :)

girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4956

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Hello!

My name is Anne and I am from Amsterdam. For the first time I will be going to Nowhere this year. I would like to join a camp, but till now I will be coming all by myself from Holland (exciting!). I would love to join a small camp and if possible a bit chilled/quiet

Does anyone have any advise for which camp I can sign up or join? I have been twice to Burning Man in 2010 and 2011 so I have some camp experience . I can cook a great meal (Dutch pancakes probably and help anywhere needed.

Hope that someone can help, thanks already for the tips!

Love Anne
Dieses Thema wurde gesperrt.

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4958

• ++X++
  • Playa Lung
hummm hello anne.
i have the privilege to welcome you and maybe to bribe you into coming into my barrio.

you want a chilled and quiet place, i can advice you so the paradisihamac. a barrio dedicated to swing peacefully during hot hour.
but in order to make the idea of paradisihamac true, you have to be a part of the project not just a girl from holland (even it it is a good point from my oint of view )
but cooking is also a great quality

but i'm pretty sure a lot of other people'll try to bribe you in their barrio so i am a honest guy and i let them try to convince you else just contact me
crazy mind in crazy atmosphere, ideamill (just need often someone to help this idea to born)

Creator of the Paradisihamac in 2010, 2012 (yeah werkhaus bitch in 2011) and 2013

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4959

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Oh hi Playa Lung, thanks for this warm welcome!

Ah so bribing is involved! Interesting, I thought it was the other way around, I had to convince the barrios of my great talents (besides being just Dutch and baking pancakes I actually do not have many more talents
Anyway, thank you I will do some research (?) on your paradisihamac and await all these other barrios who will bribe me and then....? Donno how it works further but hopefully we will keep in touch?!
BTW is Nowhere also being visited by foreigners or do I have to take a Spanish course?

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4960

• LadyBelle
Hi Anne

English is the main language spoken at Nowhere, although we have loads of different nationalities and languages - check out last year's census to see who came - www.goingnowhere.org/files/Nowhere_2011_Census_Results.pdf

As for camps, closer to the time barrios will start asking for new members... The Camping page has more info - www.goingnowhere.org/en/generalinfo/camping

Hope that helps!

Lady Belle x

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4962

• marcojah
  • Slightly dusty
Ciao Anne, I'm Marco from the Garden!
Just wanted to tell you that we had five lovely dutchies at our camp last year but since they will return at Nowhere 2012 multiplied by two or three they are currently talking to set up a Dutch camp; if you'd like to talk I will give the contact!
Plus, since we are orphans, we could bribe you into the Garden, although we have high commitments, only fact that we are not quiet )
jahlove

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4964

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Hi LadyBelle, thanks for your answer and help!!
And Hi Marco, also thanks to you. The idea was to escape a little bit from the Dutchies haha, surrounded by them daily so no Dutch camp for me I think, but thanks for the offer of course! And I do actually looking for a quiet (doesnt mean dull or no speaking camp, am in my thirties,still love too party hard and a lot, but also love to sleeeep long and chill out

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4966

• Liveveryday
  • Booty Shaker
Come and join us at sssh!

sites.google.com/site/barriosssh/home

We're the meditation barrio.

We'll be having our annual mud bath again too.

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4967

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Hi liveveryday
That sounds cool and probably what I am actually looking for! I will check out your site, thanks!!
PS do places go fast (as in, is it full quickly?)

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4968

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
He Marcojah, sorry to bother you again, but I do actually would like to get in touch with the Dutchies! It is nice to hook up anyway and maybe we know each other, it is a small country Let me know... thanks!!

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4969

• Liveveryday
  • Booty Shaker
We've still got spaces left, so no rush for the moment, though our fee does slowly increase as we get closer to Nowhere. All the info is on the site.

Feel free to email with any questions - Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist gegen Spambots geschützt! Du musst JavaScript aktivieren, damit Du sie sehen kannst.

Andrew
sssh!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Enna

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4974

• ++X++
  • Playa Lung
when i say there will be people bribing but i cannot fight with massage and meditation.
crazy mind in crazy atmosphere, ideamill (just need often someone to help this idea to born)

Creator of the Paradisihamac in 2010, 2012 (yeah werkhaus bitch in 2011) and 2013
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Enna

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4990

• SveNRG
  • Slightly dusty
Hi Enna!
I'm also coming from Amsterdam with friends. Am also curious about the whole barrio situation. Think there just might be a dutch settlement this year. Then again, us dutchies fit in everywhere! Have you sorted your trip to Spain yet?
Sven
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her von SveNRG.

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #4993

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Hee Sven!
Nice, I am from Amsterdam too, you right the Dtutch are everywhere and nowhere, leuke woordspeling ha ha. I am traveling at the moment but maybe we can email when I get back. And no I have not planned anything yet, I might first visit a friend in Barcelona and go from there,- What about you, going with a big group? I still not sure about joining a barrio or not, despite the bribes
Anyway my email address is annevantzand @ gmail.com so lets keep contact!

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #5001

• charlita
  • Booty Shaker
  • not sure where I'm heading - why not pass NOWHERE?
moin moin Anne & Sven

ik ben niet nederlandse.... buuuuut, i did do my studies there (naaaa, not AMS... in Groningen...)

just wanted to say: I'll be travelling this summer, and if you guys are in Amsterdam, where i will pass by almost for sure, feel like meeting up for a drink/chat in case you are around? always nice to meet up, and expecially knowing we are both heading to the same place later

I'll keep you guys posted, would be awesome to meet up in AMS

PS: are you both first-timers at nowhere? me yes (but have been to BM too... ), and superexcited!
Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan.... fall in love... never come back!
no regrets - just LOVE <3

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #5008

• SveNRG
  • Slightly dusty
Hi Charlita! Nice to hear from you. I grew up in Groningen. Mixed groups of vets and first-timers here. But it's all good. Let's meet up somewhere before going to nowhere. Look me up on facebook or something and we'll be seeing each other when you wind up in AMS. You can tell us about BM too. Salut!

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #5009

• Enna
  • Slightly dusty
Hi Charlita! I am also originally from Groningen! Nothing to be ashamed off It is also my first time to Nowhere! But also have been to BM, so I am very excited about going to nowhere!! Love to meet up in Amsterdam! Lets set up a date , just keep in contact and enjoy your trip!

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 7 Monate her #5010

• marcojah
  • Slightly dusty
ciao Anne, I fear your posted mail is wrong 'cause I'm not able to use it.
So try to contact Marlou de Jong through facebook, I have written to her!
jahlove

Re: girl from Holland would like to join barrio :) 2 Jahre, 6 Monate her #5259

• dreadhead
  • Clean
Hey there!

I'm a dutchie too (from dordrecht) and this will be my third Nowhere. Me and a dutch friend will be joining Werkhaus and I never say no to dutch pancakes...
never trust a hippie
  • Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.96 Sekunden