Next event:
8-13th July 2014
Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome Utente Password: Ricordami
Open discussion about any and all topics - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, stick it in here!
  • Pagina:

ARGOMENTO: Participation

Participation 2 Anni, 5 Mesi fa #4905

• LadyBelle
  • Adesso online
Participation is one of Nowhere's core principles - but how exactly do you participate?

Two of our Nowhere superstars have written blogs about how they choose to participate - Paula, who is this year's Ice Queen, and Josh, the driving force behind UberTown and a recent addition to the Board...

We'd love to hear what participation what means to you as well...

Lady Belle xx
Ultima modifica: 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa Da LadyBelle.
L'Argomento è stato bloccato.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 5 Mesi fa #4907

• Liveveryday
  • Booty Shaker
For me participation is what makes Nowhere. I first came in 2009 and didn't know what to expect. I just soaked it up. But even in that first year I saw a few opportunities, like hi-jacking a dome to run two meditation groups. And they both worked really well. I'd never run a group before, so it was a great experience.

Energised and inspired, I knew I wanted to do more the following year - so I jumped into the deep end and created a barrio - sssh! - with my friend Celeste. This year will be our third year with sssh! and it's been an amazing experience. Everything I've learnt out in the desert I've been able to integrate back into my regular life in London.

I really encourage everyone to create something at Nowhere. Run a group, put on a performance. Whatever it is you love, share it. You'll learn so much about yourself and gain so much in return.

sites.google.com/site/barriosssh/home
Ultima modifica: 2 Anni, 5 Mesi fa Da Liveveryday.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4946

• hedmekanik
  • Slightly dusty
Hi LadyBelle -

Participation for me means...getting stuck in, really. Offering skills where they're useful and needed, and finding a way to make the most of what you have to offer.

A question: I believe there's a newspaper at Nowhere, the Nowhere Tribune?

I'm the editor of The No Spectator, the AfrikaBurn community newspaper (which you can check out or download here:www.facebook.com/pages/The-No-Spectator-...aper/209859259035094), and as I'll be at Nowhere this year, was wondering if the Nowhere Tribune was going to be produced, and if so, whether they'd need any volunteers?

Let me know, I'd love to get stuck in.

Cheers,

Travis
Oh, go on, then.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4947

• LadyBelle
  • Adesso online
Hey Travis

We have had a newspaper in the past but nothing official happened last year... Seems a perfect opportunity to get one up and running this year!

Maybe start a separate thread to see if anyone's keen to work on it with you?

Otherwise we'll be looking for help with the printed version of our WhatWhereWhen guide (collating, writing and distributing a daily digest of workshops and events so people know what's happening).

xx
Ringraziano per il messaggio: hedmekanik

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4948

• hedmekanik
  • Slightly dusty
Great, I'll create another thread and ask the question - thanks for the quick reply!

And as for the WWW, I'd be happy to help with that too.

Cheers,

Travis
Oh, go on, then.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4949

• LadyBelle
  • Adesso online
Fantastic! Participation in action - I love it!

Email me at Questo indirizzo e-mail è protetto dallo spam bot. Abilita Javascript per vederlo. and I'll put you in touch with the What Where When people - altho you won't have to do anything until the event...

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4950

• hedmekanik
  • Slightly dusty
Damn fine, will do.

Thanks!
Oh, go on, then.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4957

• ++X++
  • Playa Lung
participation is a big word, just count tne hnumber of letter but for me, the first time participation was part of an organized thing and part of accident..

2 years ago, it was a thief in barcelona who make me come earlier in the event so i participate like a real man, with the werkhaus, the strenght of the festival ... and i really enjoy it.
after during the event i was the designer of the barrio paradisihamac, a barrio without really thing to do, just let the people enjoy the halmmlock but it was a succesful barrio from what i heard.

the last year, my art project didn't really work (my lack of organization) but the werkhaus host me against my sweat and my blood and being part of the event helping mounting big structure from dust, fluffing and being fluffed, .... all of this is whatr made nowhere OUR festival,

so this year , i'll try to bring back from death paradisihamac, but bigger and better. this is my part of participation.

but truely, just being in the desert is already participating, bringing your smile, your happiness and of course your crzazyness and dancing all night long is to be a nooners.
crazy mind in crazy atmosphere, ideamill (just need often someone to help this idea to born)

Creator of the Paradisihamac in 2010, 2012 (yeah werkhaus bitch in 2011) and 2013

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4963

• Tino
  • Slightly dusty
hi guys and girls

i recently posted my intro in the 'welcome mat' thread where i mentioned that one of my talents included the manipulation of electrons through my training as an electrician. i was told that the power team might be interested in help with the set up.

could somebody tell me how i contact said power team? i need info on when i should arrive for set up if required so i can book flights and and rideshares if i am needed.

cheers

Ultima modifica: 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa Da Tino.

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #4965

• LadyBelle
  • Adesso online
Hi Tino

Fantastic you want to be a Power Ranger! They're a great team - and last year they even had capes!

Rich is the Power Lead and you can email him at Questo indirizzo e-mail è protetto dallo spam bot. Abilita Javascript per vederlo.

xx

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #5062

• Tino
  • Slightly dusty
Hi LadyBelle

i emailed Rich in the Power Team last thurs i think and have received no reply, am i being a bit eager to expect a reply so soon?

sorry but im just a bit excited about getting things sorted!!

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #5063

• LadyBelle
  • Adesso online
I'll give Rich a gentle reminder

Love your enthusiasm!
Ringraziano per il messaggio: Tino

Re: Participation 2 Anni, 4 Mesi fa #5069

• Yon
  • Slightly dusty
For me Nowhere is a magical shifting paradise that is a manifestation of those people within it. Participation is being part of that art work.

Last year was my first year at nowhere and I was blown away by what I saw brought to life through co-creation and participation. Participation; in the activities, with the environment, between the people, with the art, through volunteering and more are all integral to the nowhere experience.
Participation creates experiences - jumping into a new barrio and meeting people, being swept along by a roaming aerobics class, reading treasure island to a group of people, joining with everyone as you desperately try to secure everything to the ground in the middle of a dust devil or doing a shift on the gate - all of these participation in the nowhere community are highlights in my experience.

I didnt know what to expect and how much one should give to Nowhere, before the event I volunteered to run a murder mystery and do a shift on the gate, but during nowhere I realised that the more you give the more you get.
So this year I intend to jump into the deep end, I'm gonna come to set up, I'm going to bring my own geodesic dome and create some sort of magical space with it, I'm planning a few other performance surprises and who knows what other ideas I'll have before the event roles around?

What can I say but that participation makes you a Part of Nowhere - without it we'd be Nothing.
  • Pagina:
Tempo generazione pagina: 0.95 secondi