There are no translations available.
Nowhere is nothing without you!
Nowhere exists because we make it happen. There are lots of ways to get involved, from building shade structures to cooking meals to digging toilets to making art. To get involved before the event begins, use the forums to find out about projects, post your ideas and connect with other participants.
During the event, you can get involved with:
- set up or clean up
- building theme camps
- creating your own art project or get involved in someone else’s
- maintaining the toilets
- volunteering as a greeter or doing a welfare shift
- anything else you can think of!
Self-expression and creativity
Nowhere is all about creativity and self-expression – and that includes yours!
There are many ways to express yourself and get creative at Nowhere, including:
- using Costume Camp to create the outfit of your dreams
- putting on a performance or workshop
- mixing cocktails
- giving a massage
- reading a story
- creating an art project
- talking to people
- anything else that feels right to you!
Nowhere needs toilets, camps, shade, power and sound for around 500 people – and that means we need you!
We need help with:
- Werkhaus – this is the space for the set-up crew. It has a shade structure, a kitchen and toilet facilities, and is the first thing to be built on the site
- Middle of Nowhere – this is where you’ll chill out in the day and party at night. It takes a co-ordinated effort to get such a large structure up and decorated, so get involved!
- Toilets – our toilets are the most beautiful, cleanest outdoor loos imaginable. While it sounds like a dirty job, helping to get the toilets built, decorated and ready for use is very rewarding – and no, you won’t have to deal with sewage!
- Power grid – this supplies all the power needed to run lights, sound systems and any power needed for art
- PA system – our music and a central announcement system
If you can help us build and decorate, then please email
Get involved with Werkhaus
Werkhaus is the name given to the group of volunteers who plan, survey, build and eventually takes down the core structure of Nowhere, slaving away in the sun before, during and after the event. Working with Werkhaus is personally rewarding and a fantastic bonding experience – please email
if you are interested in getting involved.