There are no translations available.
‘Radical self-reliance’ means being responsible for yourself and the people around you. You need to bring everything you will need while you are at Nowhere: clothing, food, shelter, toiletries and, most importantly, water.
What to bring
With searing heat in the day and plunging temperatures at night, you need to be prepared. We STRONGLY suggest that you bring:
- enough water per person per day (for drinking, washing, and food preparation)
- enough food and beverages for your entire party (food needs to keep well in the heat, be easy to prepare and have no excess packaging)
- a first-aid kit
- warm clothing for evenings – it gets very cold at night
- bedding and shelter – a good camping tent, sleeping mat and a warm sleeping bag
- rubbish bags
- any prescriptions, contact lens supplies etc you need
- toiletries and toilet paper
- flashlights and spare batteries (headlamps are useful) – these make sure you can see and be seen at night
- sunscreen and sunglasses
- a hat with a wide brim
- common sense, an open mind and a positive attitude!
Please don’t bring feathers, glitter, glass or anything that will easily blow away.
Your money’s no good here…
You cannot buy or sell anything at Nowhere – no water, no food, no alcohol, no coffee, no petrol, no clothing, no souvenirs – nothing! Along with 'radical self-reliance', Nowhere operates on a principle of ‘gifting’. Gifting means giving something to others for the simple pleasure of it – it could be a beer, a meal, a massage, an art project, a smile, a piece of jewellery, a photograph or anything else you can imagine. Please think carefully about the items you gift – we don’t want them turning into MOOP (aka matter out of place)!