Role to be filled
This role is responsible for overseeing the City Planning department and associated projects. The role will, together with the creation of site layout map, provide guidance and support to leads in their department including placement, signs, demarcation, city planning strike and traffic.
- City planner, Landscape architect, architect, or have a great understanding of how a space in 2D looks
in 3D. You are able to work with related creating software.
- Able to work online and assist with city planning related duties
- Comfortable working alone or with a team
- Comfortable with managing teams
- Participate in Metaleads Committee meetings updating the other MetaLeads and
Project Manager on the status of the Production.
- Disseminate any relevant information or issues from MetaLeads Committee and
Project Manager to leads in your department.
- Provide monthly status quo reports to Metaleads Committee including: update on all your teams, causes of delay – if any, possible problems and request for help,
recruitment needs and any vacancies, newly created roles, and priority areas for
- Recruit and manage leads and co-leads for your sub-departments
- Chair regular meetings for your department and escalate issues to Metaleads
Committee or Project Manager when necessary.
- Ensure the leads in your department receive update and information relevant to them carrying out their role including anything that may require them to make changes to their work or timelines
- Support leads in your department to ensure they are able to carry out their roles,
resolve any issues that might arise (including covering vacancies as needed), and
provide any guidance and support as and when needed
- Participate in any other planning meetings relevant to your role
- Provide support and guidance for Metaleads and leads in the recruitment, planning,
communication and organisation of their teams
- Ensure the Leads in your department adhere to crucial budget and purchasing
- Provide support to teams in your department (including covering vacancies as
- Regularly check in with other Metaleads and act as the point of contact for your department as and when needed
- Participate in any on-site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shift as agreed
- Create questions for the feedback form.
- Provide feedback from that feedback form, highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Participate in any all lead meetings for debriefing as required
- Pro-active in communicating with people on layout-related issues.
- Proficient English, second language a bonus but not essential
- Must have visited Nowhere before
- Must be able to use or learn a geographical information system (GIS), such as
QGIS (what we use) order to produce the site layout in a geo-referenced
format. (Must know what geo-referenced means.)
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Willingness to help out wherever you can
- Experience of recruiting volunteers
- Experience of working collaboratively
Why doing this?
- you get to play with city design of the entire Nowhere, yes all of it.
Which department does this role belong to:
What kind of job it is:
Deputy (shadow Meta-Lead)
Year round role (Off site) & On site / Setup, event & strike