Get Involved: Nowhere Director Recruitment.
Dear Nowhere community,
We have several vacancies on the Directors committee and invite you to apply for these and help co-create this amazing event.
This is a year-round volunteer role that helps shape the vision of Nowhere and holds strategic, legal and financial oversight of the company and event. Directors are eligible for early entry to site and are entitled to the pre-sale ticket option for the next Nowhere. Whilst there is no requirement to be on-site for set-up or strike it is expected that Directors will arrive before gate opens to attend the permit inspection. There is a basic requirement of two event time shifts per director and the possibility of extraordinary work during the event.
We require at least one of these vacancies to be filled by someone based in Catalonia or Aragon, fluent in both Spanish and English. Our preference is that any new Directors be representative of the broad range of our community and encourage applications from women, LGBTQ, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as these groups are currently underrepresented in our leadership roles.
To apply for this role, please submit an expression of interest that states your relevant experience and addresses the person specification. Applications that do not cover both experience and person specification will not be shortlisted. Expressions of interest should be sent to HR@goingnowhere.org.
Directors are responsible for oversight of the Nowhere event and hold both legal and financial responsibility for Nowhere. Directors manage the big picture, keeping the event ethos in mind while empowering the leadership team through mentorship and guidance. Directors are also responsible for hiring contractors, company filing and the health and safety of all participants.
- 3 year commitment
- Good knowledge of Nowhere, the event
- From the community, having previously held a Metalead, Lead or Barrio lead role
- Will attend Nowhere at least once every two years.
- Has a fluent command of the English language
- Able to work in a team
- Ability to make decisions as part of a group
- Responds to emails on a timely basis
- Available for monthly and ad hoc e-meetings
- Available to attend at least 2 in-person meetings per year
- Participates as a volunteer during build and/or strike
- Fulfils 2 event-time volunteer shifts
- Command of Spanish language
- At least one Director to be based in Spain (or able to get to Saniñena/Barcelona regularly)
- Has an ability for lateral thinking and creative problem solving
- Has a sense of the greater vision and ability to keep long term strategy in mind.
- Has an understanding and appreciation of various roles within Nowhere
- Available to participate in the annual All Leads Meeting
Monthly meetings (remote), participate in staff performance reviews (annual), occasionally provide support when requested by Metaleads/Leads, line-manage contractors and HR Lead.
On call for meetings and top-level decisions as required. Obligatory event management shifts.
Review PNRs and annual accounts. Participate in annual All Leads Meeting.
ANNUAL TIME COMMITMENT
- Several days per month
- Build, Event and Strike (able to be on site several days before Gate opens through several days of strike)
- Several days per month