You need to get yourself to and from Nowhere!
Where is it?
Nowhere is in northern Spain, between Zaragoza and Lleida. The nearest villages are Castejón de Monegros (12km) and Sariñena (19km), and from both directions the last 10km is on gravel roads.
GPS: 41°40’45.4″ North 0°09’04.3″ West (or 41.679270, -0.151182 if you prefer)
Address: Polígono 20 Parcela 169 M.U.P. H0331, JUBIERRE. CA
Directions are included in the Survival Guide.
How to get there
If you come by public transport (trains or buses), you can get at most to the town of Sariñena.
At the moment your best option to get from Sariñena to the event site is to join a barrio which has members with vehicles who can come pick you up.
The closest airports are:
It can also be useful to check out flights to:
Distances from the closest cities with airports:
- Reus is a 2:30 drive from Sariñena (Reus airport has many flights from the UK, Germany and the Netherlands).
- Barcelona is a 3:30 drive from Sariñena (with flights from most international airports).
- Pamplona is a 3:30 drive from Sariñena (with flights from many Spanish airports).
- Madrid is a 4:30 drive from Sariñena.
- Bilbao is a 4:30 drive from Sariñena.
Driving at Nowhere
Nowhere is a pedestrian environment; only registered art cars, bicycles, emergency and administrative vehicles are allowed to cruise around.
To ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that motorized vehicles follow these rules when driving at Nowhere:
- Only drive on site from sunrise (7:00) to sunset (20:00)
- Drive on perimeter roads (not through the center)
- Have a ground escort (someone to walk in front of the car and look for potential hazards)
- Drive very slowly! The speed limit is 10km/hour
- In your barrio or designated vehicle freecamp areas. If you park your vehicle in one of these areas, the vehicle cannot be moved again until the event is over. That means you can’t leave to go on grocery runs, to pick up a friend, or go to the river for a swim. Please respect the rules above when driving to and from the vehicle’s home during the event.
- In the Parking Area near the Gate. If you plan to drive the vehicle off site during the event (such as driving to town for grocery shopping), then you will need to park in the Parking Area. You can leave the site and return whenever you please.
If you have any questions about vehicle permits at Nowhere and driving on site, contact email@example.com
Note: Why not club together for a car? If you book early enough, you might be able to find good deals.
The closest station to Nowhere is Sariñena. It is on the regional train line between Zaragoza and Lleida.
To get to Zaragoza or Lleida there are a wide range of trains, from the super fast AVE to much slower regional trains. Fares range from 25 to 65 euros, depending on which train you take. You can find up-to-date train schedules at www.renfe.es.
The schedules for the local train to Sariñena change on Sundays, so double check you have the correct time for the day you want to travel.
If you are travelling Barcelona-Sariñena, you need to go via Lleida, so first search for train times for Barcelona-Lleida and then Lleida-Sariñena.
Also note that the Sariñena train station is about 3km from the centre of the town, and it’s 18Km from Sarinena to the Nowhere site.
The roads are not safe to walk on, and walking such long distances in the heat can be dangerous.
If you come by train please call a taxi to get into town (see section below for taxi phone numbers).
Spain has a very good bus network that can get you to Zaragoza. You can find up-to-date bus schedules here.
From the new Zaragoza bus station (on the ground floor at Zaragoza’s train station Delicias) you take the local bus to Sariñena.
The local bus company is ‘Autocares Therpasa’ (tel.: +34 976225723). The cost is about €6 each way, and the journey is about an hour and a quarter each way.
Sariñena town is still 18Km from the Nowhere site. Attempting to walk to site is not recommended due to unsafe roads and heat.
Note: Check out the www.renfe.es and www.alsa.es websites for good bus deals.
Once you arrive in Sariñena train station, you can take a taxi to town.
Yoli Sales: +34 615 974 052
Note: The taxi driver will not take you to the event site, only to town.
Nowhere Buses 2023
Do you want buses at Nowhere this year?
This is the inquiry form to find out how many people are interested in booking a bus ride to and from Nowhere 2023!
**Please make the bus rides happen and answer by May 26th