Role to be filled
Gate, Greeters & Perimeter | Metalead
This role is responsible for overseeing the Gate, Perimeter & Greeters department, providing guidance and support to teams within department, ensuring the delivery of every team’s project. It is responsibility of the Gate, Perimeter& Greeters MetaLead to ensure that the teams within their department are well staffed, supporting in the recruitment of leads and co-leads.
The role will work closely with City Planning and Malfare, ensuring there are clear and manageable processes and procedures for entry and exodus from Nowhere, and with the Local Liaison team, facilitating emergency situations involving authorities or/and emergency services and and when needed.
- At least two years’ experience in a lead role at Nowhere (or proven experience of similar role in other event and at least one year in a Lead position at Nowhere)
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Problem solver
- Strong organisation and easy use of basic admin formats
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience of managing a team of volunteers
- Conflict resolution skills
- Equilibrate attitude and resilience to stress
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Participate in MetaLeads Committee meetings updating the other MetaLeads and Project Manager on the status of the Production.
- Disseminate any relevant information or issues from MetaLeads Committee and Project Manager to leads in your department.
- Provide monthly status quo reports to MetaLeads Committee including: update on all your teams, causes of delay – if any, possible problems and request for help, recruitment needs and any vacancies, newly created roles, and priority areas for recruitment
- Recruit and manage leads and co-leads for your sub-departments
- Chair regular meetings for your department and escalate issues to MetaLeads Committee or Project Manager when necessary.
- Ensure the leads in your department receive update and information relevant to them carrying out their role including anything that may require them to make changes to their work or timelines
- Support leads in your department to ensure they are able to carry out their roles, resolve any issues that might arise (including covering vacancies as needed), and provide any guidance and support as and when needed
- Participate in any other planning meetings relevant to your role
- Provide support and guidance for MetaLeads and leads in the recruitment, planning, communication and organisation of their teams
- Ensure the Leads in your department adhere to crucial budget and purchasing deadlines
- Provide support to teams in your department (including covering vacancies as needed)
- Regularly check in with other MetaLeads and act as the point of contact for your department as and when needed
- Participate in any on-site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shift as agreed
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Participate in any all lead meetings for debriefing as required
- Create project plan for following Nowhere
Which department does this role belong to:
What kind of job it is:
- Year round role (Off site)
- On site / setup, event & strike