Roles to be filled
Middle of Nowhere | Parent leads
Year round And On Site
Focus on the work that goes into organising MoN:
We are looking for a couple of human realizers who will consolidate the disparate volunteer efforts which go into making MoN happen: structure, lighting, sound, decor, scheduling performances & workshops, and anything else which might arise. Give them a vision to rally around, and then keep them organised. Work with other teams and with independent volunteers to bring everything together.
Tasks and time commitment
Pre Event: From January, a few hours per week, increasing over the months until the event.
During Event: Address or delegate to the proper team(s) any MoN related concerns which arise and need to be addressed.
Examples of anticipated work:
- Communicate with relevant Norg teams and recruit new volunteers to (re)form the MoN team within the Creativity department.
- Be the Creativity MetaLead’s point-of-contact for anything related to MoN.
- Calculate and provide the MoN budget requirement and thereafter conform to it.
- Have an impact on making MoN more meaningful to the event.
Which department does this role belong to
- Caring about the Middle of Nowhere and its function at the event.
- Responsible and responsive!
- Availability in the months before Nowhere.
- Knowledgeable of what the Middle of Nowhere has been so far.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, emails and group calls.
- A problem solver and a great communicator.
- Meet the Art Team at Nowhere 🙂
- Discover how the efforts of many, when correctly coordinated, create wonderful results.
- Learn firsthand how various pieces of Nowhere fit together.
- Gain project management skills.