Role to be filled
MIDDLE OF NOWHERE PARENT
Focus on the work that goes into organising MoN
Your job is to consolidate the disparate volunteer efforts which go into making MoN happen: structure, lighting, sound, decor, workshops coordination, and anything else which might arise. Working with other teams and with independent volunteers to bring everything together.
- Caring about the Middle of Nowhere and its function at the event.
- Responsible and responsive!
- A problem solver and a great communicator.
- Communicate with the relevant Norg leads and volunteers to form the new MoN-team within the Creativity department.
- Be the Creativity ML’s point-of-contact for anything related to MoN.
- Calculate and provide the MoN budget requirement and thereafter conform to it.
- Have an impact on making MoN more meaningful to the event.
- Knowledge of what Middle of Nowhere has been so far.
- Time available in the months before Nowhere.
- Comfort with spreadsheets, emails and group calls.
- The things from the ‘You are’ list.
What Nice Skills You Could Learn:
- How the efforts of many, when correctly coordinated, create wonderful results.
- Knowledge of how various pieces of Nowhere fit together.
- Project management.
Which department does this role belong to:
What kind of job it is:
Pre-event lead + On-site lead