Role to be filled
Year Round and on site
NoInfo is the place Nobodies head to when they need good (or bad) information! From the What’s on Where guide to giving directions to signing participants up as event time volunteers, NoInfo is one of the busiest places to come to when on site. As it is one of the main NOrg structures, NoInfo is also home to Ice Ice Baby and Lost & Found.
As NoInfo Lead, your role is to oversee the central information point for Nowhere and provide a space for ice sales and lost and found within the structure. This is a year round role, ideally for two people, starting around ticket sales time (late Feb/early March) to recruit event time volunteers via FIST and start gathering the ‘info’ participants will need when they are on site. This includes bus arrival/departure times, bus ticket sales, local train arrival/departure information, events taking place on site, etc.
During the event you will train and manage your team of volunteers, including daily shift Leads and they in turn will be responsible for recruiting volunteers needed for other departments.
Tasks and time commitment
This is a year round role, which means we need your help to plan, deliver and evaluate NoInfo for 2023. How much time you can give pre and post event is dependent on your availability to be able to get the tasks required completed – including recruiting volunteers!
NoInfo is part of the Recruitment and Relationships department – you’ll have regular meetings with MetaLeads. The main time commitment is being ‘on call’ during the event once NoInfo has been set up and your team have been briefed and trained.
- Have a meeting with MetaLead’s to discuss action plan and be inducted
- Make sure the event-time rota on FIST is up to date to enable volunteer recruitment
- Communicate with Comms about any volunteer vacancies
- Help design volunteer swag (patches) for NoInfo
- Review information submitted previous year and confirm any changes with relevant departments (e.g. emergency response, bus tickets and times, entry/exit info)
- Liaise with relevant Leads on structure requirements (size, location, power needs, shade, etc) (with guidance)
- Provide support to volunteer coordinator on recruitment if needed
- Recruit NoInfo volunteers and provide any necessary training
- Participate in any other planning meetings relevant to your role
During Setup, Event and Strike
- Arrive during setup, if you can, to finalize preparations (speak to MetaLeads about this)
- Run a training session for volunteers and leads including radio training
- Manage the day-to-day operation of NoInfo including volunteers on shift
- Ensure that NoInfo runs smoothly by being on call via radio for any issues that need to be solved (with exception of agreed days off)
- Cover any vacancies from NoInfo volunteers if needed
- Assist with volunteer registration and coordination as and when needed
- Display the daily temperature as is required by the Spanish regulation laws
- Regularly check in with MetaLeads and act as the point of contact for participants
- Ensure important and urgent messages are delivered to relevant teams on site
- Ensure the ride shares are organized
- Ensure lost and found valuables are kept safe
- Participate in any on site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shifts as agreed
Post Event August-December
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Participate in any all lead meetings for debriefing as required (including the ALM)
- Create project plan for following Nowhere
Which department does this role belong to:
Recruitment & Relationships
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Problem solver
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience managing a team (in any capacity)
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Familiar with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets etc
- Have attended Nowhere or a similar burn at least once
- Willingness to help out wherever you can
- Experience recruiting volunteers
- Experience working collaboratively
- A spreadsheet warrior
- Fluent in English and another language (Spanish, French, German, Italian)
NoInfo, lost & found and Volunteer Coordinator event time
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- New friends from all corners of the world
- A chance to step out of your comfort zone & grow
- A chance to put your real-world skills to the test in a new environment and feel badass!