Role to be filled
Our Finance (AKA Fineants) team are part of the magic behind making things happen at Nowhere! They crack all the numbers, collate budgets from departments and buy all the items each department (such as Cantina, NoInfo, Malfare, Build & Strike, etc.) all need for the event.
This role is a year round role, joining the purchasing team within the Fineants department. Our Project Coordinator needs a helping hand from someone (who is ideally fluent in Spanish) pre-event time (between February and June) who can gather the lists of items to order from each department, look for new providers, place orders and supervise the delivery of items to our partners Lopez before build begins.
This is mainly a pre-event and remote role which means you are free to join other teams or relax during Nowhere!
Tasks and Time commitment
This is a pre-event role, with most of the tasks being completed between April and June. You can expect to be needing to dedicate around 4-6 hours a week to the role. You will be guided by our finance project coordinator who will give you different tasks to do each week.
Here’s a rough timeline to show the types of tasks you will be getting involved in:
- Regular meetings with the Fineants team to show you how the purchasing department works
- Meetings with the rest of the Fineants team if needed
- Start liaising with departments and organize meetings to discuss purchasing
Pre-Event April – June
- Shadow project coordinator to learn how purchasing works
- Regular meetings with departments
Emails with suppliers to organise deliveries of items before Build
- Help sort any issues with suppliers or department leads
- Work with the rest of the Finance team to make sure budgets are update
- Take part in the post Nowhere report
- Evaluate your teams performance for next year
- Take part in the Town Hall and annual leads meeting
- Start planning for next Nowhere
During build you could also join us as an onsite purchasing volunteer but this is up to you.
Which department does this role belong to
Finance (AKA Fineants)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Spreadsheet Warrior
- Problem solver
- Great communicator
- Able to wrangle information out of people
- Comfortable enforcing deadlines
- Able to work in a team and online
- A love for numbers, budgets and things adding up nicely
- Has been to Nowhere at least once
- Able to commit to a busy role
Finance Project Coordinator, Directors
Overseeing ordering, delivery and transport to site of important orders from each NOrg department in time for Nowhere
- Shiny Shiny Schwag
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- A chance to try something you wouldn’t normally – step out of that comfort zone & grow!
- A pre-event only role (unless you choose to help more)