ROLE TO BE FILLED
Signage | Lead
Year Round And ON SITE
Want to know where you’re going on site? So does everyone else! Design, plan and map out where our signs should go.
During build, the signs team makes and places all the signs that are needed for Nowhere. During the event, be prepared to make a small number of signs that turn out to be urgently needed. Post-event, the signs need to be collected, inventoried, and stored.
- Creatively minded and happy painting signs
- Able to use stencils proficiently
- Able to use power tools and specifically saws
- Able to manage a team of volunteers
- Oversee the creation, construction, and placement of signs
- Develop a look and feel for all Nowhere signs
- Inventory signs to ensure that all required signs have been made
- Coordinate the process for creating, installing, and removing signs
- Proficient in English
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar festival
- Strong communication skills
- Able to arrive on-site early for set-up (during build) and stay late for strike
- (Desired)Experience of managing a team of volunteers
- (Desired) Project management skills
- (Desired) Creatively minded
What Nice Skills You Could Learn
- Reacting to unexpected demands
- Managing humans
- You will choose how all of Nowhere’s signs will look!
Which department this role belong to:
What kind of job it is:
Year round: pre-event, on site and post-event.
Onsite/Setup & strike: the role requires that you arrive on site a few days early for set-up and stay a few days after for strike.
Connected Roles & Teams:
Build (BDSM), Production, Placement, Demarcation