Role to be filled
Make sure this website get all the love it need.
You are the website (www.goingnowhere.org) content manager.
Norg is made by a lot of humans who are in charged of a piece of «what is Nowhere». In order to make the website reflect that reality, you will have to «extract» information from those humans and update the relevant page/section/translations.
- A tiny geek but not so much. (No coding is needed to update that website, its a CMS.)
- Super keen to make this website a nice & practical place to find serious info about Nowhere.
- Make sure content is up to date.
- Send requests to all Norg leads to make them give you their new text/content.
- Make the yearly-recurrent updates. Eg: Tickets infos updates, dates updates… Don’t worry we listed all of them somwhere.
- Create some upgrades/evolvement projects to make it better (shinier, more inclusive, easier to manage…).
- Optional : redo the website entirely 😉
- You understand English (written)
- (Desired) Experience of WordPress & Elementor
- (Desired) Patience & pugnacity
What Nice Things You Could Learn:
- Managing a website made in 5 languages with content input from 50 differents humans: if you survived it, then you can be the website content manager of any website. Yes yes.
- How to say «NO». Some volunteers are gonna ask you to put their content “above” others.
What (not) Nice Things You Could discover but hack:
- WordPress is not the solution we need. But, the good thing is: its up to you to get rid of it!
- You could make a Nowhere communication tool better!
Which department does this role belong to:
What kind of job it is:
Year round role (Off site)
- Pre-event (january-june)
- 1-2h every 2 weeks (More time when you do a call for a content update or when there is a recruitment process)
- On-Site ( july)
- Nothing, nada, nichts, non rien de rien
- Post-Event (august to december)
- You decide, depending on the upgrade project you want to initiate.