Workshops & events
Workshops and events are a great way to learn a new skill or be entertained – and, of course, to teach a skill and entertain!
Any skill or talent you are willing to share is your gift to the community. Whether you dance, make music, do yoga, sing opera, twirl nipple tassels, swing poi, meditate, play guitar, paint watercolours or practice tantra, your participation is encouraged, nay, required!
What do you want to do?
What kind of event do you want to run? Nowhere is created entirely by its participants, and that goes way beyond the Barrios that make up our temporary home. Whether you want to run a workshop to teach people new skills, put on a performance to entertain people, bring people together to create something unique and wonderful, or just have a party – the choice is yours.
Where to run your event
Middle of Nowhere
We have an amazing shared community structure, appropriately called the Middle of Nowhere, where many workshops are held. There’s room for it all… it just takes you! Some of our favourite traditions include the Miss Nowhere pageant, the Costume Camp fashion show, and the Nowhere closing ceremony, which brings everyone together on Sunday night for a shared meal. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why constrain yourself to a physical location! Many events can run right across the Nowhere site. Think «Tutu Tuesday» … why constrain the glory of your tutu to a single location!
How to plan your event?
If you want to run an event at the Middle of Nowhere («MoN»), there is a team of people dedicated to managing the space.
- write to our email email@example.com and propose your workshop (requiring also for grant if you need it),
- wait for a code from us to submit your ws on the wwwguide, with time and day we will provide to you, on the link below.
How to let *everyone else* at Nowhere know about your event?
How to fund your workshop or event?
As others creative projects at Nowhere, we can help you fund your workshop or event with grants.
Value: up to 70% of the request, 100% if you are asking for less than 100€.
- Grants are designed to help with materials costs (including materials transportation).
- This grant will not pay for your ticket or personal transportation costs.
- Everyone must buy a ticket to Nowhere.
- We have safe, lockable storage and the Middle of Nowhere can offer a full P.A. sound and light system.
- Please get in contact for a list of equipment we have available.
- We only pay grants after the event, on the production of valid receipts.