Role to be filled
Year Round And On Site
Our onboarding assistant will help the R&R team to onboard new Leads and MetaLeads with the creation of Nowhere email addresses and access to Google Drive. You will also assist with updating and maintaining role descriptions, handbooks and welcome packs for leads. You will have online meetings with each of the new Leads to welcome them to NOrg and show them how to use Drive, explain who is who etc.
This is a mostly pre-event role, which can get very busy and will involve having up to 3-4 meetings a week (depending on availability) as the teams get recruited before the event. 2023 will likely be a busy year as there are lots of roles to be filled before the event. You will need to be IT savvy and understand how Google Drive works. You may also be answering questions from volunteers around who can help them with their query so it is good to know who the departments are and what they do.
Tasks and Time commitment
- Ask the consent committee if it is okay for the new person to become a lead (email the consent team email@example.com)
- Provide all new crew members with welcome pack, handbook, and other information as relevant to their role
- Have a meeting with each crew member to explain onboarding process
- Assign Nowhere email address and provide Drive access as appropriate for role
- Maintain up-to-date Leads contact list with guidance from the R&R team
- Promote volunteering and the principles and culture of Nowhere
- Participate in any other planning meetings relevant to your role
During Setup, Event and Strike
- Participate in any on-site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shift as agreed (Site Lead/Malfare Lead etc)
Post Event August-December
- Update welcome packs, handbooks, role descriptions, and working manuals as needed
- Contribute to post Nowhere report on what worked, what can be improved, and planning for the next year
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Participate in any all lead meetings for debriefing as required
Which department does this role belong to
Recruitment and Relationships (R&R)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger team
- IT skills including using Google Drive, Skype, Slack, and Excel
- Fluent in English (and possibly a second language)
- Able to commit to a year round role
- To have volunteered in a position for NOrg previously
- Creativity and innovation
- Willingness to help out wherever you can
- Experience of working collaboratively
Relationships Lead / R&R MetaLead
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- New friends from all corners of the world
- A chance to try something you wouldn’t normally – step out of that comfort zone & grow!
- A chance to put your real-world skills to the test in a new environment and feel badass!