Role to be filled
Production | Lead(s)
Production coordinates the operation of the event in accordance with the rules and regulations set by the Spanish local government. Production has the full overview of what goes on during setup, event time and strike both from a logistical and administrative point of view. This requires close working relationships with all departments.
The Production role consists of pre event planning and build and/or strike support services. At least one member of Production needs to be first on site to support the event setup and stay for a few days of strike.
The Production Lead(s) works closely with the Production Manager Coordinator to create the event plan and timeline, coordinating key information, deadlines and schedules for key areas. They make sure the essential administrative list of tasks required for the permit are completed.
During Setup, the Production Lead(s) is responsible for setting up effectively the production village cabins.
The Production Lead(s) also coordinate the gathering of all essential information for the Production Bible and Security Dossier. This ‘Bible’ acts as the key documents for all logistical, legal, administrative and health & safety information during event time.
Once on site, the Production Team works out of the event production office. For setup, the production office is the first point of contact for all suppliers and deliveries as well as being the goto hub for any logistical inquiries including office administration.
Production volunteers support the Production Lead(s) between 9am-1pm and 4pm-8pm and there is a minimum of 1 volunteer per shift.
When strike starts the Production Lead(s) is responsible for doing an inventory of the production village cabins and packing up for the next year’s event.
Tasks and Time Commitment
This role requires a commitment during the whole setup and a few days/ of strike, plus around 3-5 hours weekly from March on. You will get the whole event time off though!
Here are some of the tasks you will be getting involved with:
- Maintain knowledge of planning progress and participate in regular production team meetings.
- Review Event Production Bible and ensure good knowledge of key areas and services
- Liaise with the Coordinators to get awareness with permit and legal requirements in advance of arrival to Nowhere.
- Participate in any planning meetings relevant to your role.
- Liaise with Production Manager upon arrival and ensure handover of production office and operations in advance of permit inspection
- Manage and maintain the production village cabins clean and tidy daily.
- Ensure that daily weather forecast is posted near production and provided to the crew in announcements on the radio each morning. (this is a legal and permit requirement)
- Ensure that hours of operation are posted near production and ensure that an on call for emergencies only service is provided if the office is closed.
- Serve as a point of contact for site visits including authorities, deliveries, and contracted services.
- Oversee the on site vehicle fleet including signing in/out of keys and waivers.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with permit regulations.
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure that transition periods go smoothly (setup to event time and event time to strike)
- Participate in any on site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shifts according to agreed rota
- Provide written feedback in the form of a Post Nowhere Report (PNR)
- Participate in a wrap up meeting with your team and/or MetaLead as appropriate
- If you intend to step down, ensure the role description is up to date
- Attend the annual All Leads Meeting (ALM) if possible
Which department does this role belong to:
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar event
- Experience of inventory control
- Experience of event and/or site management
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to commit to build
- Able to work to a deadline
- Resilient to stress
- IT proficiency
- Fluency in English
- Some level of Spanish
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Support and guidance from your MetaLead, co-Lead, and Team members
- The warm glow of being part of the Malfare team and the wider NOrg family
- The satisfaction of knowing you are playing a big part in making Nowhere participants’ experience safer and happier and contributing to the success of Nowhere
- The opportunity to buy your ticket before the general sale next year
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things) (details TBA…)