Roles to be filled
FIST | Assistant
FIST is a Nowhere-made volunteer management system, created as a way of managing volunteers on site during setup, event time and strike. Despite this being the main way to recruit NORG volunteers, FIST is under-used and promoted by our Nobodies. We are looking for someone with technical skills and the (geeky/comms) know-how to help promote and maintain the FIST system, ensuring it is used correctly by Leads, MetaLeads and event-time volunteers.
Tasks and time commitment
Working closely with the Recruitment Lead and Volunteer Coordinators, the Comms team and Tickets, the role is to ensure a transition for participants from buying a ticket to signing up on FIST and becoming a volunteer. You’ll be working on ways to promote FIST to all users; from making sure the website is up to date to creating social media posts to send to comms and creating guides/running training on how to use the system.
In addition, you’ll be responding to queries from Leads and teams about the system and helping remove any issues.
This is a year-round role and is expected to get busier closer to the event – particular promotion of FIST is needed around ticket sales time (February) up to the event. You will be able to have most of the actual event off. Expected time commitment is up to 5-10 hours per week.
Here are some of the tasks you’ll be getting involved in;
- Learn how to use FIST’s back-end with assistance from the creators / maintenance team (Rich/Hardcastle)
- Develop and maintain creative how-to guides for all users, including Leads, MetaLeads and participants
- Communicate with Norg users on functionalities, updates, or changes
- Work with the onboarding team to create a clear guide of how to use FIST for all new Leads.
- Promote FIST on social media, using clear communication to participants about how and why they should sign up, how to use the system
- Make sure the website info is up to date and has clear call to actions
- Oversee the volunteer management system for Nowhere in the months leading up to the event and provide support to Leads using the system
- Provide support to Leads in areas of recruitment and rota management
- Participate in any planning meetings relevant to your role.
- Work closely with Geeks to ensure system is functional for event time recruitment
- Provide any necessary training to event time coordinators
- Participate in any on-site meetings relevant to your role
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Attend the annual All Leads Meeting if possible
- Make a plan for the following Nowhere
Which department does this role belong to
Recruitment and Relationships (R&R)
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in English
- Passionate about getting Nobodies to participate through volunteering
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish, French, German, Italian)
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience of creation and maintenance of volunteer management systems
- Interest in learning the back-end of FIST