Calling all musicians and performers!
Show off all your fabulous talents!
Nowhere is a blank canvas to make something out of nothing. And Nowhere’s musicians and performers are especially good at that. This year we have several grants for performers who want to dazzle us with their talents.
We expect even more live interactive performance, inspirational music and grand-scale all-inclusive happenings this July in the desert, and it’s YOU fabulous performers who will make this Nowhere the most entertaining and participatory we’ve seen so far!
Deadline: 15th may 2019
Solo and small group grants (up to about €250)
Smaller bands, soloists and musicians can bring their act to Nowhere and produce a one-off act at the Middle of Nowhere during the event. Of course your performance does not stop here. Feel free to contact Barrios for a slot or make the desert your stage with impromptu performance anywhere you like.
Opening Ceremony (up to about €400)
The Opening Ceremony is an organised procession through Nowhere with various shows and happenings planned en route, visiting many barrios and art installations, getting all Nobodies into the spirit of Nowhere through live music and theatrical dance. If you or your group would like to be involved, please state this in your grant application and we will be in touch. We welcome any ideas or themes as the Opening ceremony is a true co-created event!
How to apply
You’ll need to fill in the Nowhere Art Registration form, and indicate that you need funding.
- We offer up to 90% of all costs for performance grants.
- The grants are designed to help with production costs, including costumes, props, lighting, decoration and instrument transportation and maintenance. This grant will not pay for your ticket or transportation costs.
- Every performer must buy a ticket. Once you are awarded your grant, you must purchase a ticket to Nowhere within 2 weeks if you do not already have one.
- We have safe, lockable storage and the Middle of Nowhere can offer a full P.A. sound system. Please get in contact for a list of equipment we have available.
- We only pay grants after the event, on the production of valid receipts.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This is the opportunity for you to use the incredible backdrop of Nowhere to create an original, inspiring and spectacular show!
Stay in touch, join the facebook groups :
DJS & live music at Nowhere
If you’re a DJ looking for a place to spin, we’ve got you covered.
As much as we all love to dance to the beeps and bops of electronic dance music, we’re after as wide a range of music as possible – so don’t limit yourself! If you fancy spinning Balkan beats or Cajun blues or Brazillian samba, we want to hear it!
So if you love to DJ, check out the Barrios page to contact the Barrios and ask if you can play a slot on their sound systems. Each Barrio has their own favorite sounds, so just come along and play.
At the Middle of Nowhere (MoN), we have workshops and live music performances throughout the day and night. If you would like to provide some motivating music for our workshops or in between our live performances then please contact email@example.com (please include the name of your act in the subject line).