Roles to be filled
LNT Strike W&RZone | LEAD
Nowhere’s Waste and Recycling Zone (W&RZone) remains operational during the first two days of Strike when all Barrios and their Strike teams + Norg Strike team are still on site. At Day 3 of Strike the W&RZone is dismantled and stored into the Containers and ceases to be in existence.
The Strike W&RZone Lead’s responsibility is to keep the W&RZone operational during the first Monday and Tuesday of Strike and to help dismantle it on Wednesday.
This is a new role and will need to be documented in a Task Timeline with references to relevant documents. Running the Warzone is all documented. Dismantling the W&RZone will need to be documented.
Tasks and time commitment
This role is focussed on the Strike period to be exact the first 3 max. 4 days of Strike. However, you will need to attend some meetings pre-event to plan Strike @ W&RZone.
The expected time commitment pre-event from May to June is expected to be 1 to 3 hours per week depending on how close we are to the event.
Post event time commitment is a few hours up to what you want to put into it and together help and improve Nowhere.
Here are some of the tasks you’ll be getting involved in;
May to June
- Liaise with Norg Strike Lead about opening hours W&RZone
- Liaise with Barrio Lead about opening hours W&RZone
- Liaise with Norg Strike Lead about Dismantling W&RZone
- Liaise with Event time W&RZone Lead about hand over W&RZone at the end of the Event.
- Liaise with LNT Volunteer Coordinator about recruitment and informing volunteers.
- Meet up with Event W&RZone Lead to be informed about operational matters.
- Welcome and inform the W&RZone volunteers on their tasks.
- Mark and inventorize non infrastructural W&RZone stuff
- Inventory into which container W&RZone stuff is stored.
- Attend any on-site meetings relevant to your role.
- Assist your fellow LNT Strike leads where you can.
- Make it FUN!
Post Event August-December
- Feedback on the Strike of the W&RZone @ Nowhere. What can we improve?
- Feedback in all leads post Nowhere Report
- Participate in any all-lead meetings for debriefing when asked (including the ALM. Which is fun)
- Advise Meta Lead of any budget requirements for next year.
Interest or questions? Mail to LNT@Goingnowhere.org and we will contact you and try to setup a short online (max. 30 min.) meeting preferably within 7 days.
This meeting is for getting to know each other, tell a bit about the LNT department; what it does, how it’s organised and answer any questions.
Give all the information needed for someone to decide if they want to be a member of the LNT team.
Which department does this role belong to
Leave No Traces (LNT)
LNT Meta Lead
LNT W&RZone (during Strike)
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar event
- Availability during Strike
- Love for Hippies
- Able to commit to a year-round role.
- Enthusiasm for interacting with humans.
- Interest in teaching and transmitting information.