Roles to be filled
LNT W&R Zone | Shift Lead
This is an event-time only role intended to welcome and brief W&R Zone Warriors at the start of their shifts and respond to any LNT emergencies that may arise.
This is an on-call position which means in between shifts starts you’ll be free to move around the site if you keep your radio for the duration of your shift!
We will train you on an all you need to know basis prior to the event. To not let all this wonderful training and newfound knowledge go to waste we require you to take up a minimum of 2 shifts. For more information and to see the shifts available please head to FIST.
Tasks and time commitment
We will train and inform you via Zoom prior to the event and require you to sign up for two shifts.
A shift is 6 hours and earns you a meal at Cantina.
Stay tuned for further information and keep an eye on your email. For any questions, please message email@example.com!
You will be allocated an LNT bike for your shift. You will report to the LNT W&R Zone lead on duty.
Pre-event: One Educational zoom meeting (2 hours)
On-site: Doing your planned shifts (12 hours total)
Post-event: Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
Tasks you’ll be getting involved in
- Attend Zoom training and information meeting
- Oversee the functioning of the W&R Zone on days of duty
- Support events at the W&R Zone to inform people about volunteering
- Carry out at least two LNT Event-time shifts according to agreed rota
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement.
Which department does this role belong to
Leave No Traces (LNT)
LNT W&R Zone Lead
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar event
- Communication skills
- Ability to deal with volunteers
- Enthusiastic to make LNT @ Nowhere a great experience
- LNT SWAG
- Free meal at Cantina per shift
- An on-call shift so free to roam the site
- Use of an LNT bike to ride across site
- Chance to use your real-world skills or try something new