Role to be filled
Participant Wellness Meta Lead
This role is responsible for overseeing the Participant Wellness teams and associated projects, teams, and initiatives.
The role will provide guidance and support to leads in their department and ensure there are clear and manageable processes and procedures for participant safety, site management and evacuation, missing/lost children/parents, and managing sickness outbreak on site.
The role will provide guidance and support to Leads within the department and manage the planning of Safety and Wellness operations during the annual Nowhere event.
Pre-event: A few hours a week at the start of the year, increasing to 15-20 or so hours a week as Nowhere approaches
On-site: At least 3 days prior to gate opening, every day with exception of agreed days off. Any shifts committed to per agreed rota. At least 2 days post gate closing, until departure. These times can be adjusted as long as a suitable (e.g. PW Deputy-ML) is empowered to act in your place.
Post-event: A few hours in the first couple of months following Nowhere to provide post Nowhere feedback and participate in the annual All Leads Meeting and/or Leadership Meeting.
- Participate in Metaleads Committee meetings updating the other MetaLeads and Project Manager on the status of the Production.
- Disseminate any relevant information or issues from MetaLeads Committee and Project Manager to leads in your department.
- Provide monthly status quo reports to Metaleads Committee including: update on all your teams, causes of delay – if any, possible problems and request for help, recruitment needs and any vacancies, newly created roles, and priority areas for recruitment
- Recruit, Mentor, and manage leads and co-leads for your sub-departments
- Chair regular meetings for your department, developing an action/project plan, tracking department milestones to ensure they are completed on time and escalate issues to Metaleads Committee or Project Manager when necessary.
- Ensure the leads in your department receive update and information relevant to them carrying out their role including anything that may require them to make changes to their work or timelines
- Support leads in your department to ensure they are able to carry out their roles, resolve any issues that might arise (including covering vacancies as needed), and provide any guidance and support as and when needed
- Participate in any other planning meetings relevant to your role
- Provide support and guidance for Metaleads and leads in the recruitment, planning, communication and organisation of their teams
- Ensure the Leads in your department adhere to crucial budget and purchasing deadlines
- Provide support to teams in your department (including covering vacancies as needed)
- Assist with volunteer registration and coordination as and when needed
- Regularly check in with other Metaleads and act as the point of contact for your department as and when needed
- Participate in any on-site meetings relevant to your role
- Carry out any site management shift as agreed
- Provide feedback and highlight any areas that may need review or improvement
- Participate in any all lead meetings for debriefing as required
- Create project plan for following Nowhere
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Problem solver
- Strong organisation and easy use of basic admin formats
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Fluent in English
- At least two years’ experience in a lead role at Nowhere (or proven experience of similar role in other event and at least one year in a Lead position at Nowhere)
- Experience of managing a team of volunteers
- Conflict resolution skills
- Equilibrate attitude and resilience to stress
- Able to commit to a year round role
- Willingness to help out wherever you can
- Experience of recruiting volunteers
- Experience of working collaboratively
Which department does this role belong to:
The below lists are some of key teams and activities which the MetaLead is part of:
- Consent Committee
- Designated Drives
- Fire Safety
What kind of job it is:
- Year round role (off site)
- On site / Setup, event & strike