Role to be filled
Our Finance (AKA Fineants) team are part of the magic behind making things happen at Nowhere! They crack all the numbers, collate budgets from departments and buy all the items each department (such as Cantina, NoInfo, Malfare, Build & Strike, etc.) all need for the event.
Our Fineants team needs a heroic badass to oversee our on site purchasing from the first day of set up and work closely with runners to arrange/oversee on site procurement needs.
This means you will need to be available for the whole of set up (3 weeks of build) but will be able to relax once Nowhere starts!
Tasks and Time commitment
This is a pre-event role for up to two people, starting from the first day of build in June with the main tasks being collecting all deliveries that have been purchased (by the purchasing team) and sorting them out for each department so they are ready to send to site – working mainly between Sariñena and the Nowhere site.
You will be working closely with the Finance Coordinator and be working around 4-6 hours a day.
Other tasks you will get involved in include:
- Moving items to site and distributing them to the correct teams
- Monitoring the container in which items are stored and making sure items are stored correctly, for the right department
- Liaise daily with the MetaLeads to collect lists of urgent items to buy from Sariñena
- Liaise daily with the Runner team who will buy the items needed
- Collect the invoices from each department and send them to the Fineants team
- Evaluating your team’s performance after Nowhere is finished
Which department does this role belong to
Finance (AKA Fineants)
- Able to wrangle people for information
- Comfortable with enforcing deadlines
- Able to be on site early for set up
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Meticulous with your record keeping
- Problem solver
- A love for numbers, budgets and things adding up nicely
- Has been to Nowhere at least once
- Able to commit to a busy role
Finance Coordinator, Directors
Oversee our on site purchasing from the first day of set up and work closely with runners to arrange/oversee on site procurement needs
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- A chance to try something you wouldn’t normally – step out of that comfort zone & grow!
- A pre-event only role (unless you choose to help more)