Role to be filled
Rainmaker | Lead(s)
Year Round and on site
Rainmaker Leads work together to organize on site sales. This will mean cash/card sales for ice, water cube refills, and bus tickets. Rainmakers have a station in the NoInfo compound alongside Ice Ice Baby but are not limited to working from there. Rainmaker Leads will also use a locker in the Production Office cabin.
During the year Rainmaker Leads will look after recruitment and documentation for the team.
Tasks and time commitment
This is a year round role, ideally split between two people. Duties can be split at their discretion. Pre event it is expected there will be at least 10 hours per month of work to do, possibly more during the months of May-June just before the event.
During Nowhere, the leads need to be available to be on site a couple of days before gate opens, work during the event and then be available for up to two days of strike (dates TBD). Again, this could be split between two. Post event, it is expected there will be evaluation tasks and planning for the next year, again around 10 hours per month.
Duties are to be split between at least two Rainmaker Leads at their discretion.
Here are some of the tasks you will be getting involved in:
- Recruit and engage volunteers via FIST
- Continue to improve on site systems for sales and record keeping
- Ensure that system and training documentation is updated to reflect proposed changes.
- Work with R&R on volunteer recruitment and keep FIST shift details updated.
- Engage volunteers pre event as appropriate.
- Organize budget and physical materials for running the Rainmaker station including ice tokens (with Purchasing/ Production team).
- Print training materials, paper forms for use on site etc. Ideally, pre-fill shift paperwork with known details (shift time, lead and volunteer names etc).
- Organize “swag” (and/or other volunteer recognition and retention measures) – can be done via purchasing.
- Work with Build Lead to request any physical changes to the Rainmaker station. Work with them beforehand as construction may be complete before Rainmaker Lead arrives on site.
During Setup, Event and Strike
- Work with Purchasing & Production to ensure that all physical materials are stocked (or bring materials with you).
- Train volunteers on using the rainmaker station
- Manage the Rainmaker Station including supporting volunteers, supervising handovers, assisting with shift count out and reconciliations. This can be shared between you each day of the event.
- Manage ice token stocks.
- Final full event reconciliation as early as possible (during the first day or two of strike).
- Scan source documents to the shared drive.
- Complete Post Nowhere Report (PNR) and any other reporting for Production.
- Ensure that documentation is as up to date as possible for next year or to hand over to any incoming Rainmaker Leads.
- Follow through on volunteer retention (eg. ensuring that volunteers who show for shifts are on the early access ticket list).
Which department does this role belong to:
- Available for some recruitment and documentation throughout the year.
- Available for a few days build and strike for set-up, training, and reconciliation.
- Comfortable working with a busy team of volunteers in a leadership position.
- Comfortable handling cash and keeping accurate records.
- English + Spanish
- Has worked in point of sale handling cash before
- Has worked with bookkeeping before
- Has managed a team at a burn event before
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- New friends from all corners of the world
- A chance to step out of your comfort zone & grow
- A chance to put your real-world skills to the test in a new environment and feel badass!