Roles to be filled
Bus | Lead(s)
Our Nowhere Bus Leads for 2023 will be the heroes of transport so that participants have a stress-free time getting to and from the event (at least compared to 2022!)
We need two Bus Leads to work with their Spanish-speaking counterparts to hire the bus companies to take participants from Barcelona/Zaragoza to Nowhere and back. You will be expected to communicate with teams such as Geeks (so tickets can be sold online), Rainmakers (so tickets can be sold on site), finance (to keep track of sales) and Gate/Greeters (to let them know when buses will arrive). In addition, you will need to recruit Bus Lords and Ladies to make sure there is someone to greet the buses and arrange all the hippies onto the buses.
This is a pre-event role, with the expectation to hand over to the Spanish speaking bus lead for event-time.
This year, we are also looking at the possibility of having a Strike bus to take Strike crew back to Barcelona on the last day of Strike. This will be discussed with the team over the next couple of months.
Tasks and time commitment
While this is mainly a pre-event role, it will involve at least a few hours each week working with the team to plan and coordinate the buses and communicate the details to the participants. If there are two bus leads, these tasks can be shared between you to lighten the load. You will be supported by the finance team.
- Speak to previous bus leads/ finance team to work out a process
- Decide on a plan for the buses
- Work with the Spanish speaking bus lead to hire bus companies
- Work with finance to decide the price of the bus ticket and announce to participants
- Work with Geeks and the bus email hero so tickets can be uploaded and sold online
- Work with Gate and Greeters to arrange when buses will arrive on site
- Work with the B/S team to arrange the Strike crew bus timings
- Recruit volunteers to be in charge of buses via FIST – post on social media, work with comms and R&R team
- Train these volunteers pre-event via Zoom
- Create SWAG for the volunteers
Which department does this role belong to
- Can speak English
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar event
- Experience of inventory control and budget monitoring
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Patient and can deal with unexpected situations
- Able to use spreadsheets and communication tools such as Google Drive, Slack etc
- Be able to improvise in unexpected situations
- Good sense of humor
- Basic spanish
- Good under pressure
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- New friends from all corners of the world
- A chance to step out of your comfort zone & grow
- A chance to put your real-world skills to the test in a new environment and feel badass!