Roles to be filled
Bus | Lead(s)
Our Nowhere Bus Leads are the transportation heroes allowing participants to have a stress free time getting to and from the event .
We need two Bus Leads to plan the bus rides. To liaise with the bus companies to take participants from Barcelona/Zaragoza to Nowhere and back. You will be expected to communicate with teams such as Geeks (for online tickets sales), Rainmakers (for onsite ticket sales), Finance (the money people), and Gate/Greeters (to let them know when buses will arrive). In addition, you will need to organize and train a volunteer for each bus ride to do check ins and handle problem solving. Want to make it better than last year? Volunteer to do it!
Tasks and time commitment
This role is mainly pre event, as part of the event pre production team.
You’ll be starting in the early spring and helping until the feedback rounds post the event.
The role requires mainly admin time of around 3-4 hours a week, with hours slightly increasing around June when we’re close to event time.
After Nowhere, and after liaising with the buses that take everyone back, you’ll be encouraged to have a feedback meeting with the department to see how everything went from your side and how you’re feeling.
- Speak to previous bus leads/ finance team to work out a process
- Decide on a plan for the buses
- Work to hire bus companies
- Work with finance to decide the price of the bus ticket and announce to participants
- Work with Geeks and the bus email hero so tickets can be uploaded and sold online
- Work with Gate and Greeters to arrange when buses will arrive on site
- Work with the build and strike team to arrange the strike crew bus timings
- Recruit volunteers to be in charge of buses via FIST – post on social media, work with comms and R&R team
- Train these volunteers pre event via Zoom
- Create SWAG for the volunteers
Which department does this role belong to
- Can speak English
- Experience of volunteering at Nowhere or a similar event
- Experience of inventory control and budget monitoring
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Patient and can deal with unexpected situations
- Able to use spreadsheets and communication tools such as Google Drive, Slack etc
- Be able to improvise in unexpected situations
- Good sense of humor
- Basic spanish
- Good under pressure
- Swag (team patches and other exciting things)
- Other very exciting shiny things soon to be announced – keep an eye out!
- New friends from all corners of the world
- A chance to step out of your comfort zone & grow
- A chance to put your real-world skills to the test in a new environment and feel badass!