Role to be filled
Welfare | Operations Management
Year Round And On Site
Welfare Enough is a sober, calm tent for Nowhere participants who are overwhelmed, or simply want a cup of tea and a conversation with a listening ear. It is open 24/7 with a shift lead and volunteers (sometimes called “Welfairies”).
Tasks and Time commitment
Here’s an example of *some* of the tasks you’ll be helping with throughout the year:
- Design the layout of the Welfare space
- If new, get on boarded by your MetaLead, and meet your Welfare Leads and fellow Welfare Team members via online meetings.
- Discuss with your team what tasks need to be undertaken and how best to allocate them
- Work with the Leads and Welfare Team to understand the details of the space
- Work within a budget to purchase required objects
- Design signs and get those designs to the production team
During Setup, Event and Strike
- Arrive on site for build on July 1st or very early July 2nd to lead the Welfare build crew
- Checking inventory and signage regularly and ensuring any missing items are flagged and purchased by the next runner to keep stocks at necessary levels
- Lead the Welfare strike crew, including ensuring a detailed list of everything packed in the container is made and available for the Welfare Team, and that everything is labelled.
- Take a lead shift of Welfare
- Take part in the Census.
- Provide written feedback in the form of a Post Nowhere Report (PNR) and in a wrap up meeting with your team as appropriate.
- Attend the annual All Leads Meeting (ALM) in Barcelona if possible.
Which department does this role belong to
- Fluent in English
- Experience of volunteering for Welfare, at Nowhere
or similar event
- Must understand and uphold the aims and ethos of Welfare services
- Patience, compassion, and calm under stress
- Passionate about Nowhere and Welfare
- Organized and keen to Get Stuff Done!
- Strong communication skills
- Basic IT skills: Spreadsheets, social media, a willingness to work with FIST
- Understand basic GDPR requirements for volunteer data and commit to maintaining their privacy
- Experience in build or decor at Nowhere or any other appropriate place
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French
Controlling design and setup of the Welfare Enough space
- Support and guidance from your Leads and Team Members
- The warm glow of being part of the Welfare Team and the wider NOrg family
- The satisfaction of knowing you are playing a big part in making Nowhere participants’ experience safer and happier and contributing to the success of Nowhere
- The opportunity to buy your ticket before the general sale next year